The latest information from the UK government website is as follows:
- Demonstrating your COVID-19 vaccination status allows you to show others that you’ve had a full course of the COVID-19 vaccine when travelling abroad to some countries or territories. A full course is currently 2 doses of any approved vaccine.
- COVID-19 vaccination status is available to people who live in England and are registered with a GP.
- You can get your vaccination status in digital or paper format.
- Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres cannot be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.
How to access your COVID-19 vaccination status
Through the NHS app
You can access your COVID-19 vaccination status through the free NHS App. You can access the app through mobile devices such as a smartphone or tablet. Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will be shown within the NHS app. We recommend that you register with the app before booking international travel. For access via the NHS app you do not need to contact your GP.
Request a vaccination status letter to be posted to you
Request a letter only if you:
- have been fully vaccinated by the NHS in England (you should wait 5 working days after your second dose)
- are planning to travel in the next 4 weeks to a country that requires evidence of COVID-19 vaccination
- are aged 16 or over
The letter will be sent to the address registered with your GP. If you have recently moved house, make sure you’ve given your new address to your GP practice before requesting a letter.
If you do not have access to a smartphone, computer or tablet and know that the country you are travelling to requires COVID-19 vaccination status, you can call 119 and ask for a letter to be posted to you.
We expect the letter to take up to 5 working days to reach you.
It can take up to 5 working days from the date of your second dose appointment before the system is updated. So you may need to wait 5 working days before you can use this service. We then expect the letter to take up to 5 working days to reach you.
Through the NHS website
You can view your COVID-19 vaccination status online and download or print it as a PDF document.
To access the service, you’ll need to register for an NHS login if you do not have one already. NHS login registrations may take longer than usual when there are high numbers of requests.