How do I raise a concern or make a complaint about a Hospital?

The Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) are the main contact for concerns and complaints. 

Your complaint will be acknowledged within three working days, and you’ll be contacted to ensure that your concerns have been recorded correctly.

You can get free support to help you make a complaint about the NHS by using the Independent Complaints Advocacy (ICA) service.

Find out more

Healthwatch England and the Citizens Advice have also produced some resources available here.

Manchester Foundation Trust / Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (for Oxford Road Hospitals, Trafford General, Altrincham Hospital, Wythenshawe Hospital, Withington Hospital)

0161 276 8686 (for Oxford Road Hospitals, Trafford General and Altrincham Hospital) | 0161 291 5600 (for Wythenshawe and Withington Hospitals)

To make a formal complaint, write to:

Chief Executive, Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, Cobbett House, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL

For more information visit their website:

Pennine Acute Hospital Trust (for North Manchester General Hospital)

0161 604 5897

To make a formal complaint:

0161 604 5800

Complaints Department, IM & T Building, North Manchester General Hospital, Delaunays Road, Crumpsall, Manchester, M8 5RB

For more information, visit their website: